Latin IGCSE (International GCSE) 12 months access
Or to pay via 5 monthly instalments of £25.80 (final total: £129) click here.
Save 10% when purchasing 2 or more courses – add the code ‘save10‘ at the basket and click ‘Apply coupon’.*
Discount code only applicable when paying in full.
You may be interested in...
Exam board: CAIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education)
Component 1: Language
Component 2: Literature
Our course provides comprehensive course material, created by Dr Michael Beer, an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Exeter and an experienced teacher at all levels.
The course develops the skills to translate and understand Latin, and to relate the linguistic structures and vocabulary of this fascinating language to other languages, including English.
The literature component develops an appreciation for, and understanding of, some of the best of Latin literature.
Students will benefit from:
- Dr Beer’s expertise in Latin
- clear and comprehensive material
- developing linguistic skills
- an understanding of the exam techniques required to achieve the higher grades
- course includes narrated PowerPoints, study tasks, study questions and suggested answers (to help students check their understanding)
- flexibility – course can be accessed on desktop, mobile and tablet
- an additional (non examined) module on ‘Entertainment’ to further the student’s understanding of the culture of Ancient Rome
Required textbook: reference is made to the following textbook:
Essential GCSE Latin by John Taylor. Third Edition. Bloomsbury. ISBN-13 978-1350003804
This is available from online retailers or you could contact your local bookshop.
Note: On purchase, students will have access to the entire course content.
What are the benefits of an IGCSE?
- Leading universities and employers around the world accept and value Cambridge IGCSEs as evidence of academic achievement.
- IGCSEs are equivalent to GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and can be taken both in the UK and at exam centres around the world.
- As the exams for GCSEs can only taken in the UK, IGCSEs are the choice for students who will be taking their exams outside of the UK.
A detailed course overview can be read here
Latin IGCSE (CAIE) specification – click here
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also find answers to your questions in our FAQs.